Re: [whatwg] proposal: Add support for masking to canvas

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:23:25 -0500
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
On 1/30/13 12:13 AM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> ah, sorry. I looked at the dictionary for hitregions

Sounds like we should consider fixing this hitregions thing whatever it is.

>         optional unrestricted double sx;

That's not actually valid WebIDL, with the "optional".

And that's because all dictionary members in WebIDL are always optional
to start with.

So just dropping all those "optional" should do the trick.

Note that this does mean that for things you really must have the prose
needs to specify throwing if they're not present.

-Boris