Re: [whatwg] Forms-related feedback

From: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:16:39 -0000
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:01:14 -0000, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Strongly agree.  I think any arguments that sites will refuse to use
> the native controls because they don't match the site's theme are
> countered by the observation that most sites using JS-library
> equivalents today still don't theme them very well, or at all.  I
> usually just see a very plain mostly-white calendar, using whatever
> the default color scheme is for the given library.

Anecdotal, but *literally* every time I've given talks or demos of the new
form input types I've been asked how they can be styled, and many devs
have told me they'll continue to use things like jQuery UI because of the
number of themes http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ (which makes me sad)

--

Bruce Lawson
Open standards evangelist