Re: [whatwg] use cases for untitled article and section elements

From: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:08:17 -0000
To: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "Steve Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:44:44 -0000, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the use of the untitled articles?
> or of the 133 untitled articles on
> http://html5doctor.com/designing-a-blog-with-html5/
> what is the use case for using <article> in this case over the use of
> other markup such as lists?

I can't answer for other doctors, but I see no advantage there (although I
see no advantage to using lists, either).

On my own blog, which also uses <article> for comments, I'm considering
changing it from

comment by Fred on 12 Dec at 4.52

<h3>Fred said on 12 Dec at 4.52</h3>

so there are are headings by which comments may be navigated,

Bruce Lawson
Open standards evangelist
Developer Relations Team