Re: [whatwg] use cases for untitled article and section elements

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:44:44 -0000, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the use of the untitled articles?
>
> or of the 133 untitled articles on
> http://html5doctor.com/designing-a-blog-with-html5/
>
> what is the use case for using <article> in this case over the use of
> other markup such as lists?

I can't answer for other doctors, but I see no advantage there (although I
see no advantage to using lists, either).

On my own blog, which also uses <article> for comments, I'm considering
changing it from

<article>
comment by Fred on 12 Dec at 4.52
</article>

into

<article>
<h3>Fred said on 12 Dec at 4.52</h3>
</article>

so there are are headings by which comments may be navigated,

--

Bruce Lawson
Open standards evangelist

http://dev.opera.com