Re: [whatwg] AllowSeamless feedback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:48:40 +0100
To: Nasko Oskov <nasko@chromium.org>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Nasko Oskov <nasko@chromium.org> wrote:
> Based on the existing security concerns listed in the proposal and the fact
> that it might prevent a useful new security architecture in browsers, I
> would suggest this not be added to the web platform.

FWIW, I think that "limitation" is known. (At least I cannot remember
the last time someone actually proposed new API surface requiring
synchronous access between two cross-origin Window objects.) <iframe
seamless> could still be useful however cross-origin, even without
cross-boundary events.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/