Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Add CanvasRenderingContext2D.fillRule with "nonzero" (default) and "evenodd" options

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:59:01 -0800
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: James Ascroft-Leigh <jwal@jwal.me.uk>, "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Chris Jones <cjones@mozilla.com>, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do people have an opinion on a boolean value vs an enum?
> A boolean value is slightly faster to execute and type while an enum is
> more descriptive.
>
> So far, canvas has not used enum values before.

I strongly prefer enums for cases where it's not a simple yes/no, and
this clearly qualifies.

(I also prefer enums generally even when this is true, but that's my
CSS experience talking, where we have a history of changing things
that were once booleans into multi-state when people ask for more
features later.)

~TJ