Re: [whatwg] Styling <details>

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 21:35:31 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> Like most widgets, I think the answer is Web Components.

As far as I can tell styling form controls is an unsolved problem and
Components does not seem to be tackling it. We always play the
Components card (and before that the XBL card), but the work thus far
does not allow for altering how <input> is displayed, or subclassing
<textarea> somehow.

After a decade of waiting for this, I think it might be time to start
calling this vaporware.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/