[whatwg] Is <main> now an official HTML5 element?

From: Ian Yang <ian@invigoreight.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:31:32 +0800
To: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Hi editors and all other folks,

I saw the SitePoint article "Introducing the New HTML5 <main>
Element<http://www.sitepoint.com/html5-main-element/>"
yesterday. Does that mean <main> element has been approved by all editors
of the working group?

However, in spec, it still says that <main> element is not a sectioning
element. That means, in document outline, main content will form another
tree structure instead of appearing under the original website tree
structure. Can we have somebody advise on this? Is there a special
consideration to not making <main> a sectioning element?

Sincerely,
Ian Yang