Re: [whatwg] XML data islands related question

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 20:29:23 +0200
To: Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
2013-02-07 20:16, Alain Couthures wrote:

> Le 07/02/2013 19:03, Jukka K. Korpela a écrit :
>>
>> It's a bit odd that if you wish to set up a standalone application
>> running in a browser (often called "HTML5 application", without
>> implying any particular version of HTML5), you can include e.g.
>> scripts and images in separate files but not plain text or XML data
> A good workaround is to use the SCRIPT element with a type attribute set
> to "text/xml": the browser will not try to interpret it! I use it myself
> in my XForms implementation to store fragments of XHTML+XForms.

My point was that although this is possible for data inserted into an
HTML document, as <script> element content, it does not work for
external data, specified via the src attribute. And I think it would be
unrealistic to *require* support to external references, it might be a
good idea to mention it as allowed and perhaps recommended.

Yucca