Re: [whatwg] XML data islands related question

I've been thinking about this too...

> We wanted to request they could be supported as an addon/plugin into the
browser if not incorporated into the browser by default

I came to the conclusion that if I care enough I should write a browser
plugin having reverse engineered the data island spec which would allow
people with my plugin to use these sites, then bring this to WHATWG to
suggest wider adoption.

I'm not particularly active on WHATWG but the general approach seems to be
that if you have a good idea you should go and create it, show that it
works and then bring it to WHATWG for a wider adoption.

My advice would be to have a look and see if anyone's already started a
project to reverse engineer this, if they have join it, if they haven't
start it.

I decided previously that I don't care enough to do this work myself, if
there's someone else working towards this I might be willing to help in an
open source project and I'm sure there's others who would do the same.

I could be wrong - if I am I'm sure someone will correct me.

Mat Carey

--
Web Developer & Consultant
mat@matcarey.co.uk