Re: [whatwg] Why do we have <input type='month'> and <input type='week'>?

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:39:53 -0600
To: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com> wrote:

> The use-case for an input type I imagine is that a browser can have a
> select-like UI (Jan, Feb, March, April ...) which, in a French language
> browser becomes "Janvier, Fevrier, Mars, Avril .. " (or even Vendémiaire to
> Fructidor for FRC fans).

FYI, I would find this annoying.  CC expiry entry forms are typically
select boxes containing 01-12.  The text lines up with what's on my credit
card, so I don't have to translate "07" to "July" in my head when entering
it off of my card.  Any month picker for credit card expiry dates should
always have month numbers (of course, names *in addition* to numbers are
fine, though probably pointless).

--
Glenn Maynard