Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Locale Preferences API

On 12/12/13 7:56 PM, Jungshik Shin (신정식, 申政湜) wrote:
> Well, the vast majority of users would never touch A-L list. So, the top
> entry in the A-L list would remain the default value, which is usually
> the UI language. So, I don't know how much your change helps privacy if
> revealing the UI language is indeed a valid privacy concern.

The point is, the Accept-Languages header already reveals whatever it
reveals, so there is no additional privacy leak from navigator.language
if you just mirror what the header.  And for people who _do_ change the
A-L list, they get it picked up in both places automatically.

-Boris