Re: [whatwg] Bicubic filtering on context.drawImage

> Tingan, would it be acceptable for you to do the resampling in JavaScript?

First, writing it in Javascript is less performant. Since natively you can
have access to the GPU. Second, it is abstract a layer for JS developers,
since they don't need to care about bicubic resampling algoritmen. Third,
it kind of make sense if you set imageSmothingEnabled to true in the
context object, that all down-scaling should use bicubic resampling(I
haven't tried yet, but I think the scale use bicubic sampling). I think it
is is a miss in the specification that the method drawImage doesn't use
bicubic resampling. It is a method of the context objext on des
down-scaling.

--
Sincerely,

Tingan Ho