Re: [whatwg] Grouping in canvas 2d

This discussion seems to have stalled.

Implementing this would help us greatly to optimize aspects of Paper.js, as double buffering into separate canvases is very slow and costly. Is this still on the map?

There appears to be a library that emulates this functionality, using the same approach (and having a similar impact on performance) as we do	:

https://github.com/evanmoran/composite

Perhaps this can serve as a base for further discussion?

Jürg