[whatwg] Notifications: associating state

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:46:51 +0100
To: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Cc: felash@gmail.com
Having Notification.get() makes associating state more desirable, but
even in its absence we have requests to store arbitrary state on
Notifications object. We could have a mechanism similar to pushState()
to store such state.

It's kinda similar to having data-* on elements.

My main worry is that we'll end up with many parallel communication
channels, but given that the complexity seems relatively low that
might not necessarily be bad.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/