Re: [whatwg] Zip archives as first-class citizens

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:32:22 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Using the file extension and no sniffing of any sorts
>
> Why?

Doing a mixture of sniffing and labeling has not served us very well.
We cannot rely solely on sniffing because of CSS and SVG. We can rely
solely on a standardized mapping table of extension to Content-Type.

(Sniffing can still happen if the endpoint does sniffing of course,
unless we decide to add the no-sniff header here I suppose...)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/