Re: [whatwg] Zip archives as first-class citizens

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:40:12 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> What's the issue with that?  Gecko supports that (with jar:, not zip:),
> fwiw.

As far as the web platform is considered today, URL objects are just
that. In Gecko you either have a URL object, or a linked list of URL
objects. I guess the question is whether supporting a linked list of
URL objects in addition to plain URL objects is worth it just for zip
archive support. Model-wise it's quite a bit of added complexity.

I'd likewise be interested to hear from other implementers.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/