Re: [whatwg] Should <video controls> generate click events?

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> >
> > In a discussion about a "click to play/pause" feature for Opera on
> > Android, the issue of click event handlers came up.[1] The problem is
> > that pages can do things like this:

> I've made the spec say this is a valid (and recommended) implemenation
> strategy.

This means that if I have <video controls> on the page and then I click
something that shows a non-modal dialog that should dismiss on clicking
elsewhere in the page, and then click the video the page popup doesn't
disappear.

Should authors be listening for mouseup instead to take actions when users
click inside <video>?

- E