Re: [whatwg] Can the maximum allowed value length be changed to restrict the number of characters?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:09:30 +0100
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Kent Tamura <tkent@chromium.org>, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@apple.com>
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
> Can the specification be changed to use the number of composed character sequences instead of the code-unit length?

In a way I guess that's nice, but it also seems confusing that given

data:text/html,<input type=text maxlength=1>

pasting in U+0041 U+030A would give a string that's longer than 1 from
JavaScript's perspective. I don't think there's any place in the
platform where we measure string length other than by number of code
units at the moment.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/