Re: [whatwg] Request for updating the srcset-specification?

Am 13.08.2013 um 23:10 schrieb Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>:

> Hi Anselm,
>
> You wrote:
>
>> [A]s WebKit today implemented the srcset attribute [1] according to
>> the W3C specification [2] I do think it is time to update the WHATWG
>> specification [3] reflecting the syntax as written in W3C's spec.
>
> I think you might have this backwards. All normative content of the
> W3C's srcset document, including the syntax of the srcset="" attribute,
> comes from the WHATWG's specification. They should be identical. If you
> know of a case where they differ, that's a bug! Please let us know of
> any such specific cases so we can fix them.

Seems I messed it up only reading the tweets flooding around. Sorry for not researching further!

Still, WebKit per purpose only implemented the resolution modifiers which is what is also
requested to change in the spec by RICG for a long time as the viewport units in there confuse
the normal developers.

So, don't worry -- there is no bug in the specs but what do you think of updating
it regarding the implementation(s)?