Re: [whatwg] XML data islands related question

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Charles McCathie Nevile
<chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 01:08:54 +0400, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> I don't understand why XHR doesn't work for you.
>
> I can see why not. Imagine an app that wants to collect all my current email
> when it connects, but is then going to be offline for a day or two (or using
> the sort of terrible connection common in much of the world where you have
> something good for ten minutes, and then timeouts for an hour or two).
>
> It seems to me that you're trying to figure out how to make offline apps -
> sort of what appcache was meant to do (and famously did for a subset of use
> cases, but failed for many cases people thought it should work).

With https://github.com/slightlyoff/NavigationController/ which is the
most likely answer to how we'll address offline you'd be able to
intercept the request from XMLHttpRequest and things would be fine
(you'd reply with something from the cache, database, or generate
something on the fly).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/