Re: [whatwg] BinaryEncoding for Typed Arrays using window.btoa and window.atob

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 17:02:07 -0500
To: Chang Shu <cshu01@gmail.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, kg@luminance.org
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Chang Shu <cshu01@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we plan to enhance the Encoding spec, I personally prefer a new pair of

BinaryDecoder/BinaryEncoder, which will be less confusing than reusing
> TextDecoder/TextEncoder.

I disagree with the idea of adding a new method for something that behaves
exactly like something we already have, just to give it a different name.

(It may not be too late to rename those functions, if nobody has
implemented them yet, but I'm not convinced it's much of a problem.)

--
Glenn Maynard