http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms

De : Anne van Kesteren
Envoyé : ‎mercredi‎ ‎7‎ ‎août‎ ‎2013 ‎06‎:‎28
À : Chang Shu
Cc : WHATWG

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Chang Shu <cshu01@gmail.com> wrote:
> But it appears to me we have to introduce
> another pair of coders, say BinaryDecoder/BinaryEncoder, in addition
> to TextDecoder/TextEncode since the signatures of the decode/encode
> functions are different.

So TextDecoder is bytes to string and TextEncoder is string to bytes.
If we always represent the base64-variant as a sequence of bytes the
signature seems fine. If you want to get a string out of those bytes
again you could utf-8 decode it for instance.

I'd be interested in knowing what the level of interest is outside of
Google for this feature.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/