Re: [whatwg] BinaryEncoding for Typed Arrays using window.btoa and window.atob

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 11:28:11 +0100
To: Chang Shu <cshu01@gmail.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Chang Shu <cshu01@gmail.com> wrote:
> But it appears to me we have to introduce
> another pair of coders, say BinaryDecoder/BinaryEncoder, in addition
> to TextDecoder/TextEncode since the signatures of the decode/encode
> functions are different.

So TextDecoder is bytes to string and TextEncoder is string to bytes.
If we always represent the base64-variant as a sequence of bytes the
signature seems fine. If you want to get a string out of those bytes
again you could utf-8 decode it for instance.

I'd be interested in knowing what the level of interest is outside of
Google for this feature.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/