Re: [whatwg] Form-associated elements and the parser

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:21:45 -0700
To: Adam Klein <adamk@chromium.org>
Cc: Kent Tamura <tkent@chromium.org>, WHATWG List <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
As I recall it (it was ages since I dealt with this), the tricky case
that you need to handle is this one:

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?saved=2432

In this case, web compatibility requires that the <input> is
associated with the form. Specifically hidden <input> elements would
often end up moved, but still had to show up in form.elements as well
as get submitted along with the form.

/ Jonas

/ Jonas