Re: [whatwg] API to delay the document load event

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I have to wonder whether authors would really use this, though,
>>> regardless of what the API looks like.
>>>

>> We have FirefoxOS app developers who want to use it. This feature request
>> came from them.
>>

> If it's only useful for FirefoxOS, then that's where it should live.
> Would it actually be used by authors on the general Web?

 I don't think there's anything FirefoxOS-specific about their use case. As
I said in my first email, many browsers implement some kind of thumbnail
capability. I'm not very good at predicting whether or not something will
be used by authors on the general Web.

It would be easy for us to add some Firefox-only or FirefoxOS-only API
here, but that seems anti-standards. I'd rather unnecessarily standardize a
feature that doesn't get broadly used, than propagate some Firefox-only
feature that does get broadly used.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq