Re: [whatwg] URL: javascript URLs

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 9/28/12 2:26 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > > 5)  What happens when this doesn't match the origin or effective script
> > >      origin or whatever of the global object the script is evaluating
> > >      against.
> >
> > I think this is specced. Can you elaborate on what you mean?
>
> As long as it's specced, great.  The two obvious options here are "don't
> run" and "run in sandbox"...

Ah ok. Yeah, that's defined.

This area of the spec definitely doesn't match all implementations, in
part due to lack of interop and in part (as mentioned earlier) because the
spec is less paranoid about letting scripts run than some browsers. I
figure we'll clean it up once this area is more thoroughly tested.