Re: [whatwg] Should scrollbars move focus?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:

> Does anyone from Mozilla know why textarea scrollbars are special-cased in
> Gecko? Would be good to know if there is a web compatibility requirement
> here.

I don't know of one off the top of my head. I can't see how it could be a
compatibility requirement.

I think what's happening here in Gecko is that a click on a focusable
element moves focus, and a click on an element's scrollbars counts as a
click on the element. So clicking on the scrollbar of a <textarea> or
contenteditable <div> (or even a <button> containing content with a
scrollbar, if you're mad) moves focus to that element. I think this is
quite reasonable actually.

Example: http://people.mozilla.org/~roc/scrollbar-focus.html

Rob
--
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority