Re: [whatwg] URL: query encoding

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:55:44 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> I would not be opposed to us explicitly specifying things this way. That
> would incidentally require specs to say exactly when some non-UTF8 encoding
> is supposed to be used for their URIs and what that encoding should be,
> which seems like a good thing to me.

The URL Standard defines it in exactly this way and once the other
specifications are updated to use it, it should all fall into place.

The question here is primarily whether we want to introduce the
additional axis of the scheme to constrain this kind of ugly behavior
even more. But maybe we should just tell people to use utf-8.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/