Re: [whatwg] Submitting contentEditable Content In A Form

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 4:46 AM, David Young <dyoung@pobox.com> wrote:
> Aryeh and all,
>
> Initially I was attracted to the list because it seemed like virtually
> the only place where direct editing of web pages, especially via
> contentEditable, was under discussion.
>
> The main (or only?) thrust of the conversations is how to standardize
> the existing contentEditable practice.  Mainly I am interested in
> collaborating with others to develop new web-editing practices.  If you
> can refer me to a more suitable list for that sort of discussion, I
> would owe you a debt of gratitude.
>
> Now, back to lurking mode. :-)

This and public-webapps are the correct lists for discussing the
editing spec.  The editing spec mandates how implementations (i.e.,
web browsers) should support the contenteditable attribute and related
functionality.  It does not say anything about how authors (i.e.,
people writing web apps) should do anything, so if you're looking for
that, this is not the right place.  What authors do is not controlled
by standards in the same way as what implementations do -- different
web pages are self-contained and don't need to do things the same way,
unlike browsers, which need to do things the same way so that they
work the same on existing content.

So basically, I suspect this is not the place you're looking for, but
I don't know of a better one.  This list is only for standards
development.