Re: [whatwg] Separating intrinsic sizing out from the iframe seamless attribute

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Jonathan Watt wrote:
>> The use cases are simple. I want to be able to embed SVG as-a-document
>> (not as-an-image) and have it size to its intrinsic size, without
>> messing up the style of the SVG.
>
> That's not a use case, that's a solution. What's the actual use case? i.e.
> why do you want to embed SVG as a document?

Further, CSS should be adding a mechanism to reset styles anyway - as
soon as fantasai and I have another free day together to write the
Cascade module, we'll add an 'all' property, which only takes the
global keywords.

Once we then add the 'default' global keyword (lets you reset to the
UA stylesheet), you can just say ":root { all: default; }" in your SVG
document, and not worry about inheritance polluting your SVG styling.

That doesn't help the "import all the stylesheets into the iframe"
part, but shrug.

~TJ