Re: [whatwg] Adding crossorigin="" to more elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:08:29 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Pablo Flouret <pablof@motorola.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Robert Kieffer <broofa@fb.com>
On 11/28/12 11:03 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> Inheriting the mode isn't so bad, all it really does is decide whether or
>> not to send an Origin header.
> Not quite.  It also affects what happens when the server doesn't respond
> with an appropriate Allow-Origin.

Oh, I see.  You've added this "taint" thing, which you're using for the
CSS bit.

I don't believe Gecko has any such concept.  We simply fail the load if
the CORS check fails.  Furthermore, Gecko's behavior is what the CORS
spec requires: failure to respond properly to a cross-origin CORS
request must be treated like a network error per CORS.