[whatwg] [mimesniff] Audio and video sniffing

From: Gordon P. Hemsley <gphemsley@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:38:02 -0500
To: whatwg List <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Upon looking through the code for Gecko's media sniffing, I noticed
that they seem to combine sniffing for audio and video elements. Given
that Opera has said that it uses the specific sniffing algorithms, and
that some media containers (like Ogg) can be used for either audio or
video, I wonder if it would make sense to combine audio and video
sniffing under a single audiovisual category? This would affect the
"matching audio/video type pattern" sections and the "sniffing
audio/video specifically" sections.

Any objections? Other thoughts?

Gordon P. Hemsley