Re: [whatwg] Checkboxes that control other checkboxes

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011, Timo Beermann wrote:

> It should be able to implemet checkboxes, where by only
> activating/deactivating this single checkbox you can active/deactivate
> multiple other checkboxes. That is possible with scripting today, but it
> should be possible without scripting, only with HTML/CSS. Because some
> users deactivate Scripting (for security or whatever other reason) and
> on other computers (school, university, work,...) you are not able to
> change the settings, even if you want to. E.g. I use NoScript and only
> allow scripting on very few trusted sites, that really need it.

I haven't added this yet, but it is already logged as a possible future
extension, so it's possible it may be added in the future.

What would be helpful though is examples of sites that do this kind of
thing, so that we can study how necessary it is, and how to implement it.
For instance, are the dependent fields always in a <fieldset>? Are they
always other checkboxes? Is there more complex logic than just "check box
A is checked so those controls are enabled"?