[whatwg] SecurityError with parent, top, window, self and opener members of Window

From: Andrew Oakley <andrew@ado.is-a-geek.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:07:05 +0000
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
The specification seems to indicate that a SecurityError exception
should be thrown when the parent, top, window, self and opener
properties of a Window object are access by scripts with a different
effective script origin.  Some testing in Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera
indicates that this is not what the browsers actually do.

I can't see any reason why we can't allow access to these properties,
should they be in the list of exceptions in section 6.2.1?  Are there
any more properties that should be in the list?

--
Andrew Oakley