Re: [whatwg] Should scrollbars move focus?

From: Peter Kasting <pkasting@google.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:59:38 -0700
To: Etienne Levesque Guitard <etiennelg@gmail.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, James Ross <silver@warwickcompsoc.co.uk>
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Etienne Levesque Guitard <
etiennelg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't this be considered a browser-specific  implementation
> bug/inconsistency then?

If you're referring to IE's reported behavior, I would say that yes, it's
not gospel regarding platform conventions, and it may not even
intentionally deviate.

I verified James' testing and am sufficiently convinced that the Windows
convention, like other platforms, seems to be to not change focus due to
scrollbar clicks.  That makes me lean towards the "change Gecko and WebKit
to never focus" camp.

PK