Re: [whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

From: André Luís <andreluis.pt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:14:43 +0100
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 18 May 2012 22:19, Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2012 20:24:00 +0100, André Luís <andreluis.pt@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> If you'd like to see <picture> proposal succeed, then please help fixing its
> drawbacks. Make selection and embedding of 2x images easier. Give UA freedom
> to use cached higher-quality images when it can. Give UA freedom to choose
> images to minimize bandwidth or maximize quality. Reduce verbosity of most
> common cases.

Thank you, that was helpful. I'm trying to steer the overwhelming
amount of messages on the topic both here, online and on that
mailing-list (recently joined).

This will help me think and mature about some possible theories.

> I've tried to raise those issues on the Responsive Images group's
> mailinglist, but got no constructive feedback.

People are already spread too thin on this... I myself am struggling
to keep up with the current present status of things. :-\

--
André Luís