Re: [whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

Am 18.05.2012 13:09 schrieb James Graham:
> On 05/18/2012 12:16 PM, Markus Ernst wrote:
>
>> 2. Have there been thoughts on the scriptability of @srcset? While
>> sources can be added to resp. removed from <picture> easily with
>> standard DOM methods, it looks to me like this would require complex
>> string operations for @srcset.
>
> Are there any use cases that benefit from scripting here? I wouldn't be
> surprised if there are, but whoever thinks they will have such use cases
> should state them clearly so that the design takes them into account.

One use case is manipulating content in a contenteditable area, e.g. in
a Rich text editor. A JS-based online editor such as TinyMCE or KTML may
want to offer some kind of GUI for alternative sources.

I am not sure whether this is a very important use case, as authors of
online editors are usually JS experts and capable of writing complex
string operations, too; but I assume the use case is at least valid.