Re: [whatwg] Correcting some misconceptions about Responsive Images

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 18:41:46 +1000
To: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, whatwg@whatwg.org, Matthew Wilcox <mail@matthewwilcox.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@chromium.org>
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2012 01:16:52 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  I believe the CG rules
>>>
>>> would not allow an employee of a W3C Member company to be a "free agent"
>>> though.
>

> It appears not. I tried to join the responsive images CG as "just me" as I'm
> interested, but not representing Opera, and don't like to give people the
> impression that my interest or support of any suggestion means Opera will
> implement it next Thursday. But I couldn't; I had to join as an Opera rep,
> and get permission internally. That's time-consuming and process laden.

I believe that is the case for all participation in the W3C.
Unfortunately, I was not able to join a WG as a private "invited
expert" and a different one as a Google representative (in my role as
a Google contractor). I think that is a problem at the W3C that they
don't allow you to have multiple different forms of representation per
person. I even tried with different email addresses and that wasn't
allowed either.

Silvia.