Re: [whatwg] Bandwidth media queries

From: Matthew Wilcox <mail@matthewwilcox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 14:22:42 +0100
To: Kornel LesiƄski <kornel@geekhood.net>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
Cheers for that feedback Andy - it is indeed a complicated issue with
much more nuance than I think many people (myself included) would have
expected. I still think there's a technical solution there, but as you
say - it's making that solution reliable enough to be worth it. The
problem really is "what is reliable enough"? How accurate does it need
to be.

I can understand that this is in practical terms too complex an issue
to be worth the effort required to get something workable.

And the logic isn't simple either. That said, it's only a matter of
making a decision about what to do. The actual mechanics shouldn't be
hard, it's the decision making that is.