Re: [whatwg] Problems with width/height descriptors in srcset

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> The width/height descriptors in srcset seem to be difficult for people to
> get right, even people who read the spec.
>
> * It's not clear from the syntax that it refers to the viewport size rather
> than the image size.
> * It's not clear if it's min-width or max-width.

Absolutely agreed.  Like several others have suggested, I think we
should just go with a "min-width:100px" approach, which is much
clearer.  It also lets us add "max-width", though that may complicate
the resource choosing algorithm a bit.

~TJ