Re: [whatwg] Problems with width/height descriptors in srcset

From: Matthew Wilcox <mail@matthewwilcox.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:05:26 +0100
To: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
> I kinda like the
> syntax in the spec draft, it's short and sweet. And obvious when you
> know.

Everything is obvious when you know. The challenge is making it
obvious when you don't. Which is why using familiar patters is good.
Which is why picture had a strong advantage in that regard.

> People will learn it from good documentation probable (heh) or hopefully
> quickly understand once they have browsers to test in.

I would count on the majority getting this wrong time and again
because the pattern is not a familiar one. And, as we all know, people
don't read docs - isn't that the argument so often brought up against
any "advanced" stuff in CSS and HTML? - Users Are Stupid? ;)