Re: [whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

From: Jeremy Keith <jeremy@adactio.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:46:13 +0100
To: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
Tab wrote:
> I suspect this is simply confusion about the proposal - @srcset
> handles the "art-directed" case same as <picture>, just with a
> somewhat more compact microsyntax rather than using MQs directly.

You're right. I was thinking that the values (Nh Nw Nx) described the *image* but in fact they describe (in the case of Nh and Nw) the viewport and (in the case of Nx) the pixel density of the screen/device.

I suspect I won't be the only one to make that mistake.

I can see now how it does handle the art-direction case as well. I think it's a shame that it's a different syntax to media queries but on the plus side, if it maps directly to imgset in CSS, that's good.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o