[whatwg] runat (or "server") attribute

From: Brett Zamir <brettz9@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 08:47:50 +0800
To: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Hi,

With Server-Side JavaScript taking off, could we reserve "runat" (or
maybe an even simpler and more concise "server" boolean attribute) for a
standard and (via CommonJS) potentially portable way for server-side
files to be created (and discourage use of HTML-unfriendly and
syntax-highlighter-unaware processing instructions)?

I know in the past Ian has showed a lack of interest in tending to HTML
in other contexts (e.g., in rejecting a common include syntax), but
could we at least lay this simple foundation for encouraging server-side
portability (in a way that works well with existing syntax highlighters)?

Thanks,
Brett