Re: [whatwg] Device proximity and light events

From: Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 07:48:28 -0700
To: Scott González <scott.gonzalez@gmail.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA <jmcf@tid.es>, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>, "Carr, Wayne" <wayne.carr@intel.com>
That is different -- Hixie can chime in.

I think the idea is that if you have and dom event handler, you should also have an onXXXX event handler attribute.  Its meaning is less defined.  I do not think it means that if ondevicemotion exists, that means you will always see device motion events.

Doug