[whatwg] Device proximity and light events

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:33:03 +0200
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Andrei Popescu <andreip at google.com> wrote:
> Neither have we and we have been supporting device orientation for a
> while in both Chrome (desktop and Android) and Android Web Browser...
> To me, Doug's proposal seems reasonable.

Is the expectation that these new events, similar to orientation, fire
on an interval of some kind? Describing this in terms of adding and
removing event listeners does not seem wise as at some point somebody
might start using that for things that do not fire pretty much all the
time feeling justified by these proposals.

The problem with that, as explained before, is that the event model assumes that

  // nothing happens for a while

will not cause it to be dispatched twice. Defining these features as
events that fire regularly however does not have the same problem.

Anne ? Opera Software