[whatwg] Declarative unload data

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 14:39:13 -0500
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> As far as resource usage goes, it doesn't seem like a bid deal to send
> off a request at some point when the network seems quiet.

I could see interop problems if people use this to send something when the
user navigates out, and then the page they navigate to tries to use the
results.  It'll only work if the request happened more quickly than the new
page.  That's probably going to happen most of the time (if they're going
to the same server), so I could see people inadvertently depending on it.

This probably can't be prevented entirely (the only way to do that would be
to wait for the final request to complete before navigating, which is no
good), though browsers delaying the request if the network is busy would
exacerbate it.

--
Glenn Maynard