[whatwg] Declarative unload data

From: Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 17:54:54 +0200

On 7.5.2012 17:32, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> A bigger question is whether browsers really want to make it easier to
> do this or work on getting rid of the ability to phone home at/after
> unload altogether.  My gut reaction every time I see pages doing it is
> that they're up to no good, and code inspection usually indicates that
> I'm right: the #1 use of this is for persistent user tracking.
>
> -Boris
"I see pages doing it is that they're up to no good" well that is your
opinion, sure, we have all seen bad use of that,  but removing
functionality that has no replacement, can be used for useful thinks
(well for bad as well) can hardly be reasonable, because you may not
like some of its usage. I've seen several as well, but I also know about
some useful usage, that either cannot be do other way or would require
overhead.

Brona