[whatwg] Localisation of form fields

On 7.5.2012 12:09, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> Are you talking specifically about conversion of form values between
> an over-the-wire format and a localized display format? -- Benjamin
> Hawkes-Lewis
No, I'm talking about just client side processing / diplaying. What I
want is new abilities that can enhance browser based applications. E.g.
think about calendar. Doing it in e.g. Delphi, I would ask OS to give me
first week day. Doing it in browser, i would have to ask user. Format
number into input? Why bother, type=number will do it for you, Format
number into contenteditable....

Sure i can use CSS for presentation, input for inserting, JS libs for
some other tasks... but actually having those information in raw form
can give ability to perform task you simply cannot now (or you cannot do
them exactly)

i18n can tell you about generic settings what user might most likely
have... It will tell you nothing about what user actually has.

B.