[whatwg] Validator.nu: "Attribute role not allowed on element h2 at this point."

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> The validator is probably just not up to date.
>
> Note that that in this case the validator is probably right. If it's just
> presentational, why are you using <h2>? It doesn't seem presentational to
> me. I think you are incorrectly using role=presentational here.

I am using it because VoiceOver does not understand <hgroup>/document
outlines yet, and so announces two headings when there should only be
one. It is not ideal markup; I'm merely trying to provide a better
experience for AT users until new elements and parsing models are
understood.