From: whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org
[mailto:whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Igor Trindade Oliveira
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:59 PM
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
Subject: [whatwg] Canvas roundedRect

Currently, canvas2d does not have support for rounded rectangles and the web
developers are implementing rounded rectangles using arcs or bezier
curves.[1][2] So i propose the addition of two new functions:

void fillRoundedRect(unrestricted double x, unrestricted double y,
unrestricted double w, unrestricted double h, unrestricted double xRadius,
unrestricted double yRadius); void strokeRoundedRect(unrestricted double x,
unrestricted double y, unrestricted double w, unrestricted double h,
unrestricted double xRadius, unrestricted double yRadius);

Where the xRadius and yRadius arguments specify the radii of the ellipses
defining the corners of the rounded rectangle.

Additionally, if we know that the path is a rounded rectangle, we can make
optimizations in the graphics libraries reducing the amount of tesselations.

[1] http://www.scriptol.com/html5/canvas/rounded-rectangle.php
[2]
http://www.supercalifrigginawesome.com/Extending-Canvas-to-Draw-Rounded-Rect
angles